Sinclair Hunting Ancient 4 Yard Great Kilt – Homespun Wool Blend Tartan
- SKU: KILT-IS-2497
- Categories: A-Z by Name or Tartan, Clearance and Specials, LIST S, Off the Rack Specials – Quality Kilts
- Tags: Homespun, Wool Blend
- Homespun great kilt made in-house from our in-stock homespun poly/wool double width 52 inch-54 inch tartan; an authentic-looking option to a traditional woven kilt
- Customizable for your preferred size, shape, and desired pleats — 4 yards, 5 yards, and 6 yards available
- Double-width tartan provides added customizability—wrap it up over your shoulder in the rain or create folds to store your flask
- Add Cheater Pleats™ to keep things simple or feel the authenticity while you pleat it yourselves like your ancestors.
- 4 Yard (fits up to a 38-inch waist)
- 5 Yard (fits up to a 48-inch waist)
- 6 Yard (fits up to a 60-inch waist)
Only 1 left in stock
Homespun Great Kilt
Our Homespun tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester and wool. Homespun tartan is woven 52″-54″ wide. It is woven by hand on old-world looms, and looks very authentic to what would have been woven historically. The yarn is worsted, but not spun as tightly as modern machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes are common. Because it is hand woven, these flaws are a natural part of it’s character. Homespun is approximately a 9/10oz. fabric, but feels thicker due to it’s looser weave.
Pleating instructions are included with each kilt. Traditionally these kilts are pleated each time you wear them. We ask for size information to be sure that your kilt will fit you correctly, but we do not pleat the kilt for you unless you also select Cheater Pleats™ as an additional option.
A 4 yard kilt will fit up to about a 34 inch waist, a 5 yard kilt will fit up to about a 44 inch waist, and a 6 yard kilt will fit up to about a 50 inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34 inch waist, a 4 yd greatkilt will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5 yd greatkilt will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example a 6 yd greatkilt would be overkill with a 34 inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
4 yds (fits up to a 34in waist)
5 yds (fits up to a 44in waist)
6 yds (fits up to a 52in waist)
How to measure for your Greatkilt:
1) Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
2) Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Note — The length measurement is really only relevant if you are adding Cheater Pleats™, but the form above asks for it regardless, so you might as well do it right!
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality