Night Watch Tartan – Quality Homespun Wool Blend Kilt – Size 36W 25L
- SKU: KILT-IS-2524
- Categories: A-Z by Name or Tartan, Clearance and Specials, Clearance Kilts, LIST N-O, Off the Rack Specials – Quality Kilts
- Tags: Homespun, Wool Blend
Only 1 left in stock
Our Quality Wool Blend Kilt is great for athletes, casual wear, first-time buyers, or those on a budget. This kilt is great to have in your closet as an extra kilt to save wear and tear on your nicer kilts. They are also so nice we use them for your rentals and many customers use them for weddings and other formal occasions. Made from 4-6 yards of our Homespun wool-blend tartan (55/45 blend of polyester & wool). Machine-stitched pleats are each about 1″ wide, and 3-4″ deep. Fully lined with three straps and buckles and belt loops, makes these kilts hard to tell the difference from those that are made in Scotland.
- Homespun wool-blend
- Made from 4-6 yards of tartan
- Fully Lined
- Three straps and buckles (no velcro)
- Belt loops
- Made to fit because one size does not fit all
- 70+ Tartans so choose from
About the Fabric
Our Homespun Tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester & wool, woven by hand on old-world looms. It looks very authentic to what would have been woven historically. The yarn is worsted, but not spun as tightly as modern machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes are common. Because it is hand woven, these flaws are a natural part of it’s character.
How To Measure for Your Kilt
- Have someone help you. If you bend over even a bit, your measurement will not be correct.
- Measure your waist size in inches at the navel (belly button). This is the traditional kilt waist. Alternatively, for a more casual look, many men prefer to wear their kilts at the pants waist. If this is what you choose, then measure comfortably around your waist where the top of your pants rest. Or, If you intend to wear your kilt mostly for formal occasions, and you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have, you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips (butt) at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the waist).
- Measure from your waist (kilt waist or pants waist accordingly) to about the middle of the knee.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Our handmade, soft, 100% cotton Celtic Knot Book Bags are embellished with a Celtic knot design
- Choose from black, red, green, or purple according to your style
- They’re hand-dyed, so each bag is unique with a zip closure that keeps your books (or other belongings) secure
- The body of the bag measures 10 inches tall and 15 inches wide. Keep your bag close with an approximately 17 inch long strap
- Adapted from “Old Scottish Customs: Local and General” by E J Guthrie, published in 1885 and illustrated by John MacKay
- A fun and educational read and features 74 pages in a softcover format
- Outlines the history of Scottish customs and superstitions, including which ones survive to our day
- Learn more about your heritage. Measures 5.25 inches x 8.25 inches