Baird Ancient – Homespun Wool Blend Kilt – 36W 23L
- SKU: ZKILT-IS-2691
- Categories: A-Z by Name or Tartan, Clearance and Specials, Clearance Kilts, LIST B, Off the Rack Specials – Quality Kilts
- Tags: Homespun, Wool Blend
- Made from 5 yards homespun wool blend tartan
- Fully lined with 3 traditional straps and buckles
- Off the rack special price – Condition: New
- Baird Ancient 36″ waist 23″ length
Only 1 left in stock
Baird Ancient Homespun Kilt 36″waist 23″length
In stock special
Our Quality Wool Blend Kilts are great for athletes, casual wear, first-time buyers, those on a budget, or as an extra kilt to save wear and tear on your nicer kilts. They are also nice enough that we have many customers use them for weddings and other formal occasions.
Our Homespun Tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester & wool, woven by hand on old-world looms. It looks very authentic to what would have been woven historically. The yarn is worsted, but not spun as tightly as modern machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes are common. Because it is hand woven, these flaws are a natural part of it’s character.
- Homespun wool-blend
- Made from 4-6 yards of tartan
- Fully Lined
- Three straps and buckles (no velcro)
- Belt loops
- Made to fit because one size does not fit all
- 70+ Tartans so choose from
HOWEVER, please keep in mind that this is NOT a custom tailored kilt, so it will most likely not fit as if it was tailored for you. The waist and hip size is about the same. If your hip measurement is more than 4 inches larger than your waist, then the kilt may not fit well. If you are looking for a tailor made look, please purchase one of our Premium Custom-Tailored Kilts.
How To Measure for Your Kilt
- Have someone help you. If you bend over even a bit, your measurement will not be correct.
- Measure your waist size in inches at the navel (belly button). This is the traditional kilt waist. Alternatively, for a more casual look, many men prefer to wear their kilts at the pants waist. If this is what you choose, then measure comfortably around your waist where the top of your pants rest. Or, If you intend to wear your kilt mostly for formal occasions, and you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have, you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips (butt) at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the waist).
- Measure from your waist (kilt waist or pants waist accordingly) to about the middle of the knee.
Please measure before ordering. Clearance items are not returnable.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Our handmade, soft, 100% cotton Celtic Knot Book Bags are embellished with a Celtic knot design
- Choose from black, red, green, or purple according to your style
- They’re hand-dyed, so each bag is unique with a zip closure that keeps your books (or other belongings) secure
- The body of the bag measures 10 inches tall and 15 inches wide. Keep your bag close with an approximately 17 inch long strap