Our Homespun Tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester & wool, woven by hand on old-world looms. It looks very authentic to what would have been woven historically. The yarn is worsted, but not spun as tightly as modern machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes are common. Because it is hand woven, these flaws are a natural part of it’s character.
Measuring Instructions: (measure in inches)
Waist — Measure comfortably around your desired waist. This could be at the navel, which is traditional, or anywhere else you want. For example, our daughter Kaurina prefers to wear her skirts at the currently popular “hip waist”. We really don’t recommend this though, for a Hostess Kilt.
Hip — Measure around your hips at the fullest point.
Length — Measure from your desired waist to your desired length.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
Track List :
- Gallant Murray
- Katy Cruel
- Rambling Pitchfork / Gallagher’s Frolics / Black Rogue
- Peggy Gordon
- Failing Into Walpole’s Marsh
- Hard Times
- Piper on the Hob
- Follow me to Carlow
- Stick to the Craythur
- Eyes on the Prize
- Out on the Ocean
- Spancil Hill
- White Rabbit ( Grace Slick)
- The Parting Glass
- Adapted from “Old Scottish Customs: Local and General” by E J Guthrie, published in 1885 and illustrated by John MacKay
- A fun and educational read and features 74 pages in a softcover format
- Outlines the history of Scottish customs and superstitions, including which ones survive to our day
- Learn more about your heritage. Measures 5.25 inches x 8.25 inches