Homespun “Billie Style” Kilted Mini-Skirts
What makes it “Billie style”? The stylish waistband of tartan cut on the bias. Cute, sassy and affordable! These kilted mini skirts are made from our budget-friendly, wool blend.
Measuring Instructions: (measure in inches)
Waist – Measure comfortably around your desired waist. This could be at the navel, which is traditional, or anywhere else you want. For example, our daughter Kaurina prefers to wear her skirts at the currently popular “hip waist”.
Hip – Measure around your hips at the fullest point.
Length – Measure from your desired waist to your desired length (up to 16″).
We make our Homespun tartan from a 55/45 blend of polyester and wool. The weavers that make our Homespun Tartan weave by hand using old-world looms. This makes our tartan look similar to tartan woven by the average Scot circa 1500. The weaver uses loosely spun worsted yarn, compared to yarn used for machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Since our supplier hand weaves our Homespun Tartan, you may find small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes. These flaws are a natural part of its character. Homespun is approximately a 10/11 oz. fabric, but feels thicker due to it’s looser weave.
|Choose Your Tartan||
Campbell Clan Ancient
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
Discontinued – Available While Supplies Last
- Our Women’s Suede Knee High Boots, made by Minnetonka Moccasins, offer stylish comfort
- Style these extremely versatile boots with nearly any kilt, casual Highland dress, cosplay, or your favorite jeans
- Available in a range of sizes from 6 to 10
- Customize by adding fringe and choosing from three colors: black, brown, or tan
- Adapted from “Old Scottish Customs: Local and General” by E J Guthrie, published in 1885 and illustrated by John MacKay
- A fun and educational read and features 74 pages in a softcover format
- Outlines the history of Scottish customs and superstitions, including which ones survive to our day
- Learn more about your heritage. Measures 5.25 inches x 8.25 inches