Homespun “Billie Style” Kilted Mini-Skirts
What makes it “Billie style”? The stylish waistband of tartan cut on the bias. Cute, sassy and affordable! These kilted mini skirts are made from our budget-friendly, wool blend.
Measuring Instructions: (measure in inches)
Waist – Measure comfortably around your desired waist. This could be at the navel, which is traditional, or anywhere else you want. For example, our daughter Kaurina prefers to wear her skirts at the currently popular “hip waist”.
Hip – Measure around your hips at the fullest point.
Length – Measure from your desired waist to your desired length (up to 16″).
We make our Homespun tartan from a 55/45 blend of polyester and wool. The weavers that make our Homespun Tartan weave by hand using old-world looms. This makes our tartan look similar to tartan woven by the average Scot circa 1500. The weaver uses loosely spun worsted yarn, compared to yarn used for machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Since our supplier hand weaves our Homespun Tartan, you may find small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes. These flaws are a natural part of its character. Homespun is approximately a 10/11 oz. fabric, but feels thicker due to it’s looser weave.
|Choose Your Tartan||
Campbell Clan Ancient
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Celtic swirl design shows the Celtic knot and interlacing patterns that have been part of our heritage for centuries
- Made with solid cast brass and given an antiqued chrome-plated finish
- Measures 3.75 inches by 2.75 inches and is compatible with all standard kilt belt buckles (2.25 inches wide)
- Sturdy and well-made, but light enough to wear all day long (even if you’re dancing!)
- Made in Scotland using cast pewter
- Intricate Celtic knot and weave design—with no beginning or end, it represents eternity
- Sturdy and solid construction gives it a good weight
- Measures 3.5 inches by 2.63 inches and fits any standard kilt measuring 2.5 inches wide