This Celtic Knot ring is beautifully crafted in sterling silver.
The “Celtic Knot” is a stylized graphical representation of knots and braids used for decoration. Most commonly attributed to the ancient Celts, the art form is also commonly found in Norse and even Egyptian artifacts.
Spirals, step patterns, and key patterns are dominant motifs in Celtic art before the Christian influence on the Celts, which began around 450. These designs found their way into early Christian manuscripts and artwork with the addition of depictions from life, such as animals, plants and even humans. In the beginning, the patterns were intricate interwoven cords, called plaits (braids), which can also be found in other areas of Europe, such as Italy, in the 6th century. A fragment of a Gospel Book, now in the Durham Cathedral library and created in northern Britain in the 7th century, contains the earliest example of true knotted designs in the Celtic manner.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Kids-size Jacobite kilt shirt made in Scotland
- 100% white cotton keeps your kids cool and comfortable all day long
- Features lace-up fronts with grommets and matches our adult’s premium kilt shirt
- Choose from ages 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 for the right fit
- The intricate knotwork featured on this exquisite belt buckle is time-honored with its trefoil design.
- Crafted by Scottish artists, the cast pewter metal befits any kilt to perfection.
- Kilt standard belts (2.25 inches wide) will stand out in only the best way with this classic buckle.
- This buckle’s handsome size at 3.5 x 2.5 inches will feel comfortable for the wearer without feeling cumbersome.