This Celtic Knot ring is beautifully crafted in sterling silver.
The “Celtic Knot” is a stylized graphical representation of knots and braids used for decoration. Most commonly attributed to the ancient Celts, the art form is also commonly found in Norse and even Egyptian artifacts.
Spirals, step patterns, and key patterns are dominant motifs in Celtic art before the Christian influence on the Celts, which began around 450. These designs found their way into early Christian manuscripts and artwork with the addition of depictions from life, such as animals, plants and even humans. In the beginning, the patterns were intricate interwoven cords, called plaits (braids), which can also be found in other areas of Europe, such as Italy, in the 6th century. A fragment of a Gospel Book, now in the Durham Cathedral library and created in northern Britain in the 7th century, contains the earliest example of true knotted designs in the Celtic manner.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The raven is known for its strength and wisdom—add these qualities to your everyday look
- 100% cotton, screen-printed, and always pre-shrunk, so you know this shirt won’t shrink in the wash
- Choose from sizes small to 3XL to find the perfect fit.
- Made in the USA and crafted with striking colors, making it a great gift
- Discontinued — On sale while supplies last!
- The latest edition of Euro Talk’s Scottish Gaelic for beginners
- Use a CD-ROM or download to your computer for convenient access
- Makes learning Scottish Gaelic easy with addictive games and activities
- Features nine different topics and essential vocabulary you can use