This Celtic Knot ring is beautifully crafted in sterling silver.
The “Celtic Knot” is a stylized graphical representation of knots and braids used for decoration. Most commonly attributed to the ancient Celts, the art form is also commonly found in Norse and even Egyptian artifacts.
Spirals, step patterns, and key patterns are dominant motifs in Celtic art before the Christian influence on the Celts, which began around 450. These designs found their way into early Christian manuscripts and artwork with the addition of depictions from life, such as animals, plants and even humans. In the beginning, the patterns were intricate interwoven cords, called plaits (braids), which can also be found in other areas of Europe, such as Italy, in the 6th century. A fragment of a Gospel Book, now in the Durham Cathedral library and created in northern Britain in the 7th century, contains the earliest example of true knotted designs in the Celtic manner.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Brighten your home with vibrant colors
- Hang it on your wall, spread it on your bed, or even use it as a floor covering for special occasions
- Measures 88″ X 108″
- Hand-dyed, medium weight, 100% cotton
- Color-fast and washable
- Knee-high boots made from premium, high-quality leather, soft but sturdy leather uppers, and comfortable insoles
- 18 inches tall and available in men’s sizes 5-15 for a perfect fit for everyone
- The lace-up, split-side design allows for easy on and off; great for larger calves
- Constructed for style, durability, and all-day comfort; perfect for Renaissance Fairs and Celtic festivals