The Scottish thistle is a resilient little weed has always bloomed across Scotland’s landscape, but it wasn’t until the 13th century that it’s place in the country’s symbolism and written history began. One of the best-known thistle legends takes place in the mid 13th century during a surprise invasion by the soldiers of the Norse king, Haakon, at Largs (one of western Scotland’s coastal towns).
The story has it that after coming ashore, this Viking force planned to creep up on the Scottish Clansmen and Highlanders and overcome them while they slept. This amount of stealth required that they go barefoot – which proved to be their undoing. Unfortunately for these unwary invaders, one of their soldiers bare feet came down hard on a Scottish thistle and his cries of shock and pain were enough to wake the sleeping Scots. Leaping to their feet, the clansmen charged into battle and the rest, as they say, is history… and yes, the fiery Scots were victorious.
- Measures .8 in x 1 in
- Made in Scotland
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The intricate knotwork featured on this exquisite belt buckle is time-honored with its trefoil design.
- Crafted by Scottish artists, the cast pewter metal befits any kilt to perfection.
- Kilt standard belts (2.25 inches wide) will stand out in only the best way with this classic buckle.
- This buckle’s handsome size at 3.5 x 2.5 inches will feel comfortable for the wearer without feeling cumbersome.
Beer is Proof T-Shirt, pre-shrunk and made from high quality 100% cotton for a great feel and fit
If you love beer, like we love beer, this T-Shirt is for you. They also make the perfect gift for that beer lover in your life
Made in the USA for quality assurance and comes in M, L, 2XL, and 3XL (Add $2.00 for 2XL, 3XL)
Three color printing for a classic and subtly distinctive look
- Celtic swirl design shows the Celtic knot and interlacing patterns that have been part of our heritage for centuries
- Made with solid cast brass and given an antiqued chrome-plated finish
- Measures 3.75 inches by 2.75 inches and is compatible with all standard kilt belt buckles (2.25 inches wide)
- Sturdy and well-made, but light enough to wear all day long (even if you’re dancing!)
Discontinued: On sale while supplies last.
These kids ankle boots look great with almost any kilt, skirt or renaissance style clothing. Their simple, timeless style allows you to wear them with almost any outfit! Made by Minnetonka Moccasins. They are made of genuine suede upper, rawhide lacing, fully padded insole and a light weight rubber sole.