- You cannot add "Celtic Sarong Turquoise Celtic Knot Circle" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
The Scottish thistle is a resilient little weed has always bloomed across Scotland’s landscape, but it wasn’t until the 13th century that it’s place in the country’s symbolism and written history began. One of the best-known thistle legends takes place in the mid 13th century during a surprise invasion by the soldiers of the Norse king, Haakon, at Largs (one of western Scotland’s coastal towns).
The story has it that after coming ashore, this Viking force planned to creep up on the Scottish Clansmen and Highlanders and overcome them while they slept. This amount of stealth required that they go barefoot – which proved to be their undoing. Unfortunately for these unwary invaders, one of their soldiers bare feet came down hard on a Scottish thistle and his cries of shock and pain were enough to wake the sleeping Scots. Leaping to their feet, the clansmen charged into battle and the rest, as they say, is history… and yes, the fiery Scots were victorious.
- Measures .8 in x 1 in
- Made in Scotland
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Learn to Put Together Complete Sentences
- Commonly Used Phrases
- A Variety of Common Topics
- Aimed at Recent Beginners
- Meant to Improve Speaking Skills
- Video Footage of Native Speakers
- Includes Quizes
- Play Games to Earn Points and Awards