MacNeil Thistle Mount Clan Crest Sgian Dubh – Cairngorm Gem Top
- SKU: SGIAN-IS-2311
- Categories: Clearance and Specials, A-Z by Name or Tartan, LIST M, Clearance Accessories, Clearance Blades and Accessories, Clearance Clan Crest Stuff, Assorted Clan Crest Clearance
- Tags: Made in Scotland, Thistle
Only 1 left in stock
Thistle Mount Clan Crest Sgian Dubh
This dress clan crest sgian dubh is made in Scotland with fine quality materials and workmanship. Polished rhodium plated Scottish Thistle mounts. Your choice of cairngorm, red, green, blue, black or amethyst jeweled (glass) top, and a very nice display and storage case. Available in more than 250 clan crests.
- Polished Rhodium-Plated Scottish Thistle Mounts
- Choose from 6 Stone Colors
- Cairngorm, Red, Green, Blue, Black, and Amethyst
- Very Nice Display and Storage Case
- More than 250 Clan Crests Available
The Scottish Thistle: The Legend and Meaning
As the most well known and easily recognized symbol of Scotland, the thistle is also believed to be the oldest recorded national flower.
Legend has it that a field of thistles saved a party of sleeping Scots warriors from an ambush by Norse invaders. When one of the Norse attackers trod on a thistle field with his bare feet, his cries and screams roused the Scots. The ambush was made ineffective, and the Scots were able to defeat the invaders. The Scots’ victory was all thanks to the thistle’s thorns! The thistle was then adopted as the symbol of Scotland. It represents the bravery, devotion, durability, strength, and determination of the Celtic people.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Celtic swirl design shows the Celtic knot and interlacing patterns that have been part of our heritage for centuries
- Made with solid cast brass and given an antiqued chrome-plated finish
- Measures 3.75 inches by 2.75 inches and is compatible with all standard kilt belt buckles (2.25 inches wide)
- Sturdy and well-made, but light enough to wear all day long (even if you’re dancing!)
- The intricate knotwork featured on this exquisite belt buckle is time-honored with its trefoil design.
- Crafted by Scottish artists, the cast pewter metal befits any kilt to perfection.
- Kilt standard belts (2.25 inches wide) will stand out in only the best way with this classic buckle.
- This buckle’s handsome size at 3.5 x 2.5 inches will feel comfortable for the wearer without feeling cumbersome.