Young Modern Homespun Wool Blend Kilt 37W 24L
- SKU: KBSO1B-IS-1958
- Categories: Clearance and Specials, A-Z by Name or Tartan, LIST Y-Z, Off the Rack Specials – Quality Kilts
- Tag: Homespun
- Young Modern Homespun wool-blend kilt
- Made from 4-6 yards of tartan
- Fully lined – 3 straps and buckles
- 37″ waist 24″ length
Good Basic Kilt – Homespun Wool Blend
Looking for a simple, affordable, and authentic kilt to start your collection of Celtic outfits or for casual wear? Look no further than this quality, homespun Young Modern kilt! Comfortable and practical, this kilt is perfect for first-time buyers, those on a budget, or athletes. Some customers use these kilts for rentals as well because of their great price and durability!
Homespun tartan provides the classic, authentic look with worsted yarn that isn’t wound as tightly as machine-made tartan. You won’t be disappointed with this purchase, and it will surely be the first of many kilts and Celtic wear you add to your wardrobe!
HOWEVER, please keep in mind that the Homespun Kilt is NOT a custom-tailored kilt, so it will most likely not fit as if it was tailored for you. The waist and hip size is about the same. If your hip measurement is more than 4 inches larger than your waist, then the kilt may not fit well. If you are looking for a tailor-made look, please purchase one of our Premium Custom-Tailored Kilts.
About the Fabric
Our Homespun Tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester & wool, woven by hand on old-world looms. It looks very authentic to what would have been woven historically. The yarn is worsted, but not spun as tightly as modern machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes are common. Because it is hand woven, these flaws are a natural part of it’s character.
How To Measure for Your Kilt
- Have someone help you. If you bend over even a bit, your measurement will not be correct.
- Measure your waist size in inches at the navel (belly button). This is the traditional kilt waist. Alternatively, for a more casual look, many men prefer to wear their kilts at the pants waist. If this is what you choose, then measure comfortably around your waist where the top of your pants rest. Or, If you intend to wear your kilt mostly for formal occasions, and you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have, you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips (butt) at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the waist).
- Measure from your waist (kilt waist or pants waist accordingly) to about the middle of the knee.
|Choose Your Tartan||
You may also like…
Update all similar products that you may like!
- This 5 Yard Medium Weight Premium Wool Casual Kilt is perfect for everyday wear
- Handcrafted by skilled kiltmakers in Scotland to your measurements for a perfect fit
- The medium weight kilt material is 100% premium wool for quality you can feel
- At 4-5 yards, this kilt uses less fabric than a formal kilt and is an affordable option that’s ideal for warmer climates
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
Beer is Proof T-Shirt, pre-shrunk and made from high quality 100% cotton for a great feel and fit
If you love beer, like we love beer, this T-Shirt is for you. They also make the perfect gift for that beer lover in your life
Made in the USA for quality assurance and comes in M, L, 2XL, and 3XL (Add $2.00 for 2XL, 3XL)
Three color printing for a classic and subtly distinctive look