The Official Carleton Kilt
Hip Size 26 – 45.5in $250
Hip Size 46 – 53.5in $290
Hip Size 54 – 60in $330
The Official Carleton Kilt
From the highlands to your home turf, get yourself the official Carleton tartan kilt perfect for those who work hard and play hard.
Made from a synthetic poly/viscose blend, these kilts are cooler than a 100% wool counterpart (and at a price great for the average college student).
Your Carleton tartan kilt will be made in Scotland from a woven tartan, hand designed by Carleton alumni.
The primary colors of the kilt are the proud maize and blue, representing our beloved alma mater. The brown and green accents represent the dirt and the grass of the very heart of Carleton rugby: our home pitch. The red stands for the blood and sweat every rugger sheds in pursuit of the try line, which is boldly represented by the woven white threads in our pattern.
- The Official Carleton Tartan
- Designed by Carleton Alumni
- Made in Scotland
- Affordable and Hypoallergenic
- Cool Poly/Viscose
How To Measure for Your Kilt (Your pants size is NOT your kilt waist size)
- Have someone help you. If you bend over even a bit, your measurement will not be correct.
- Measure your waist size in inches at the navel (belly button). This is the traditional kilt waist. Alternatively, for a more casual look, many men prefer to wear their kilts at the pants waist. If this is what you choose, then measure comfortably around your waist where the top of your pants rest. Or, If you intend to wear your kilt mostly for formal occasions, and you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have, you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips (butt) at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the waist).
- Measure from your waist (kilt waist or pants waist accordingly) to about the middle of the knee.
More Carleton Gear
The Celtic Croft carries several items of clothing and accessories in the official Carleton tartan. However, feel free to contact us for a custom design in the Official Carleton Tartan. Carleton alumni designed the tartan to reflect both the college and the rugby team.
Scottish seamsters make all of our Carleton products, and we receive them here in Minnesota straight from Scotland! We keep our Carleton Tartan Scarves and Carleton Ties in stock. So, you’ll have them in your hand usually within a week or two after you order (within the USA). And if you’re from Minnesota, you’ll usually get them the next day! Look smart in your Carleton Sash! Skilled Scottish seamsters and kiltmakers make your Official Carleton Kilt, Billie Skirt, Vest, and Kilted Skirt to your measurements. You’ll definitely stand out, and show your pride at the next rugby match in your Official Carleton Tartan gear!
What is Poly/Viscose?
Poly is short for polyester, which is a durable, smooth, synthetic fiber. You may know viscose by the name rayon. Workers make rayon from cellulose fiber, which comes from wood and plants. In this case, the viscose is made to imitate wool. These two fibers blend together to create a durable, non-felting, non-pilling, hypoallergenic fabric that retains the same wonderful, natural aesthetics of wool.