Celtic Epona Sterling Silver Pendant
- SKU: JPCS6
- Categories: Celtic Jewelry, Celtic Necklaces, Celtic Necklaces and Pendants, Featured
- Tags: Celtic Knot, Horse, Special-Order, Sterling Silver
This beautiful raised relief sterling silver design features ‘Epona’ from the Gaulish word for “horse”, epos. Her name means “Divine Mare”.
Horses were important to the Celts and were used for warfare, transportation, plowing, and traveling. Although she is most frequently portrayed as a goddess who protects horses and riders, there is evidence that in her original form among the Gauls, she was a Goddess of fertility and abundance, in essence a very typical Mother Goddess.
- Made in Canada by Expert Celtic Jewelry Makers
- This zoomorphic disk measures 13/16″ (22mm) and made in our Studio from the finest sterling silver.
- The pendant comes complete with an 18″ Italian box link chain.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Mystic Zirconia Crystal Stone
- Rhodium Plated
- Chain included
- Durable, shiny finish
- Please note the difference in stone color, these are natural and real amber, the photo shows the difference in hues, however, we always try and best match necklace amber to the earings amber.
In Celtic mythology wolves were sacred animals, believed to be companions of the gods. They were thought to be powerful guides, symbolizing transformation.