Thistle Torc Medium Weight
When Scotland was ravaged by Viking invaders, a raiding party was preparing to attack a group of Scots, under cover of darkness. However, they crossed a patch of Thistles with their bare feet, letting out cries of pain and alerting the Scots, who were able to fight them off.
Available in bronze or silver.
The Scottish Thistle: The Legend and Meaning
As the most well known and easily recognized symbol of Scotland, the thistle is also believed to be the oldest recorded national flower.
Legend has it that a field of thistles saved a party of sleeping Scots warriors from an ambush by Norse invaders. When one of the Norse attackers trod on a thistle field with his bare feet, his cries and screams roused the Scots. The ambush was made ineffective, and the Scots were able to defeat the invaders. The Scots’ victory was all thanks to the thistle’s thorns! The thistle was then adopted as the symbol of Scotland. It represents the bravery, devotion, durability, strength, and determination of the Celtic people.
|Torc Neck Size||
14 Inch, 14.5 Inch, 15 Inch, 15.5 Inch, 16 Inch, 16.5 Inch, 17 Inch, 17.5 Inch, 18 Inch, 18.5 Inch, 19 Inch, 19.5 Inch, 20 Inch
|Bronze or Silver||
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Connect to the strength and courage of your Celtic heritage with the powerful symbol of the lion with a Lion Torc necklace in Extra Heavy Braid
- Handmade in your choice of high-quality bronze or silver
- This necklace’s extra heavy braid style( ⅝ inch or 16 mm thick) makes for a strong, durable, and flexible accessory
- Custom made just for you—please allow us between 6-16 weeks to have it crafted and shipped
- The great ash tree Yggdrasil is central to Viking mythology
- It’s made from fine-quality sterling silver or bronze to match your style or your other jewelry
- Handmade in the USA, the braid measures approximately 5/16 inches (8 mm) thick for a subtle but eye-catching accessory
- The torc is an ancient Viking style of jewelry—celebrate the vastness of Viking culture and mythology and adorn any outfit stylishly
- The Celtic Wolf Torc is beautifully handcrafted in the USA and made with your choice of bronze or sterling silver.
- It fits necks measuring between 14 inches and 20 inches. Choose from light, medium, or heavy braid to suit your style.
- This piece is strong and flexible. The ancient Celtic symbol of the wolf’s head forms the terminals.
- The ancient Celts highly regarded wolves as noble animals that represented guidance, assistance, and transformation.
- The Norse Wolf Torc Extra Heavy Braid’s wire braid (approximately ⅝ inches (16 mm) thick) ensures strength, quality, and elegance.
- It’s available in either bronze or silver to suit your preference and to match your jewelry collection.
- This piece features terminals embellished with growling wolf heads, a powerful Norse mythological symbol of rebellion.
- Please allow 6-16 weeks for delivery of this unique, hand-crafted piece, custom-made by hand in the USA just for you.