Celtic Stories and Music Online
Originally published June 2008.
Updated April 2018.
Celtic Stories and Music Online
A little change of pace. I thought I would share some links to Celtic podcasts that I have run across. A few from the original list have been removed since their websites have died, but I was able to find some newer ones.
Celtic Myth Podshow The Celtic Myth Podshow brings you ancient tales and legends of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man bringing you the bravery of heroes and heroines. Each podcast lasts approximately 25 minutes and comes out every other week starting with the Irish “Book of Invasions”.
Irish Fireside “Get the inside scoop on Irish travel by listening to podcasts featuring premier tourist sites, off-the-beaten-path destinations and also some Irish cooking and music on each episode.
Celtic Tomes: Readings from Bygone Books “Gary & Ruth bring you readings from the Classic Books of Celtic Lore and Study”.
Celtic Myths and Legends A new podcast focused on the myths, legends and folkloric creatures of the 6 Celtic Nations; Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man. Only two episodes so far.
Celtic Folk and Fairy Tales A collection of folk and fairy tales from the Emerald Isle.
Story Archaeology combines the breadth and knowledge of the storyteller with academic exploration of ancient texts. Focused on Irish tradition to peel back the layers of modern folklore.
Simply Scottish Scottish history and culture with the best music from Scotland’s new and established artists.
Celtic Radio The home of Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celt-Rock-Radio and BlueGrass Hills. An award winning internet radio station broadcasting a wide range of Celtic music 24 hours a day.
Celtic Roots Radio “Here’s a taste a’ music to whet yer appetite – Celtic, folk, folk/rock, Appalachian, Breton, bluegrass, Scottish, Irish, Cajun, Cape Breton, singer/songwriter – if its Celtic, roots or acoustic music you want, you’ll find it here “
Thistle Radio with Fiona Ritchie Fiona serves up tastes of new Celtic music before it hits the airwaves of The Thistle & Shamrock, one of NPR’s best loved programs.
Copperplate Podcast Over an hour of good traditional Irish music.
Foot Stompin’ Scotland A Scottish music podcast featuring the best of Gaelic, Scots, bagpipes, fiddle, harp music, Scottish bands etc.
Fiddle Hangout The mission of the Fiddle Hangout is to become the world’s most comprehensive fiddle resource. See their podcast in iTunes for the top 100 Celtic/Irish fiddle tune which members have uploaded to the website
Folk Music of England Scotland Ireland and Wales Folk and traditional music and popular songs, with lyrics, Midi, tune information and history behind the folk songs and ballads. Irish,
British and American folk music including Francis J. Child Ballads and sea shanties.
The Session A collection of dozens of session tunes including music and recordings.
Smallpiper Podcasting Pipe (and flute tunes sometimes) to anyone who’d like to learn them!
Tune of the Month Podcast with Shannon Heaton Irish traditional tunes to learn and share.
Fellow Scotsman? Check out some of our products!
- Accented with a beautiful tartan edging, to show your Clan in your kitchen.
- Made from 100% cotton dish towels and from Homespun Poly/Wool Blend Tartan. Washable and will accent your kitchen with over 70 tartans to choose from.
- Measures 27 inches by 27 inches. Keep your kitchen neat and tidy with the help of this absorbent and durable linen kitchen towel.
- Add a splash of tartan to your kitchen with this set of four Kitchen Towel-set. Wash dishes, clean surfaces, and do other chores.
- Made in Scotland using solid, tarnish-resistant cast pewter
- Choose between over 200 clans to proudly display your unique ancestry and also available in such symbols as the Rampant Lion, Scottish Thistle, Scottish Piper, Saint Andrew’s Cross, and Masonic
- Measures 3.75 inches in diameter and compatible with a standard belt buckle (2.25 inches)
- Attractive Celtic knot design border