Celtic Stories and Music Online
Originally published June 2008.
Updated April 2018.
Celtic Stories and Music Online
A little change of pace. I thought I would share some links to Celtic podcasts that I have run across. A few from the original list have been removed since their websites have died, but I was able to find some newer ones.
Celtic Myth Podshow The Celtic Myth Podshow brings you ancient tales and legends of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man bringing you the bravery of heroes and heroines. Each podcast lasts approximately 25 minutes and comes out every other week starting with the Irish “Book of Invasions”.
Irish Fireside “Get the inside scoop on Irish travel by listening to podcasts featuring premier tourist sites, off-the-beaten-path destinations and also some Irish cooking and music on each episode.
Celtic Tomes: Readings from Bygone Books “Gary & Ruth bring you readings from the Classic Books of Celtic Lore and Study”.
Celtic Myths and Legends A new podcast focused on the myths, legends and folkloric creatures of the 6 Celtic Nations; Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man. Only two episodes so far.
Celtic Folk and Fairy Tales A collection of folk and fairy tales from the Emerald Isle.
Story Archaeology combines the breadth and knowledge of the storyteller with academic exploration of ancient texts. Focused on Irish tradition to peel back the layers of modern folklore.
Simply Scottish Scottish history and culture with the best music from Scotland’s new and established artists.
Celtic Radio The home of Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celt-Rock-Radio and BlueGrass Hills. An award winning internet radio station broadcasting a wide range of Celtic music 24 hours a day.
Celtic Roots Radio “Here’s a taste a’ music to whet yer appetite – Celtic, folk, folk/rock, Appalachian, Breton, bluegrass, Scottish, Irish, Cajun, Cape Breton, singer/songwriter – if its Celtic, roots or acoustic music you want, you’ll find it here “
Thistle Radio with Fiona Ritchie Fiona serves up tastes of new Celtic music before it hits the airwaves of The Thistle & Shamrock, one of NPR’s best loved programs.
Copperplate Podcast Over an hour of good traditional Irish music.
Foot Stompin’ Scotland A Scottish music podcast featuring the best of Gaelic, Scots, bagpipes, fiddle, harp music, Scottish bands etc.
Fiddle Hangout The mission of the Fiddle Hangout is to become the world’s most comprehensive fiddle resource. See their podcast in iTunes for the top 100 Celtic/Irish fiddle tune which members have uploaded to the website
Folk Music of England Scotland Ireland and Wales Folk and traditional music and popular songs, with lyrics, Midi, tune information and history behind the folk songs and ballads. Irish,
British and American folk music including Francis J. Child Ballads and sea shanties.
The Session A collection of dozens of session tunes including music and recordings.
Smallpiper Podcasting Pipe (and flute tunes sometimes) to anyone who’d like to learn them!
Tune of the Month Podcast with Shannon Heaton Irish traditional tunes to learn and share.
Fellow Scotsman? Check out some of our products!
- Black Scottish Pirate Boots are well made, long-lasting, and stylish
- Crafted with a large bucket, square toe, and a heavy-duty leather
- Perfect for all sizes – the split design and lace-up will accommodate wide foot and calf sizes, available in sizes 5-15, soft insole and 2-inch heel
- Priced extremely reasonable for a high-quality product
- The Pewter Celtic Knot Clan Crest Sgian Dubh is handcrafted in Scotland. Choose from over 250 crests on the handle
- The handle features multi-faceted and gold foil backed stone. Choose between black, blue, green, purple, red, and topaz stone
- This Sgian Dubh boasts traditional 4-piece metalwork, is cast in lead-free pewter, and plated in palladium
- Perfect for gift giving, this stainless steel blade comes with an attractive presentation box
- MacNeil Hunting Ancient Wool Blend Tartan
- Fully lined – 3 straps and buckles
- Condition: Used – traveled the country with us on a mannequin for festivals
- 32″ waist 25″ length