Celtic Stories and Music Online
Originally published June 2008.
Updated April 2018.
Celtic Stories and Music Online
A little change of pace. I thought I would share some links to Celtic podcasts that I have run across. A few from the original list have been removed since their websites have died, but I was able to find some newer ones.
Celtic Myth Podshow The Celtic Myth Podshow brings you ancient tales and legends of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man bringing you the bravery of heroes and heroines. Each podcast lasts approximately 25 minutes and comes out every other week starting with the Irish “Book of Invasions”.
Irish Fireside “Get the inside scoop on Irish travel by listening to podcasts featuring premier tourist sites, off-the-beaten-path destinations and also some Irish cooking and music on each episode.
Celtic Tomes: Readings from Bygone Books “Gary & Ruth bring you readings from the Classic Books of Celtic Lore and Study”.
Celtic Myths and Legends A new podcast focused on the myths, legends and folkloric creatures of the 6 Celtic Nations; Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man. Only two episodes so far.
Celtic Folk and Fairy Tales A collection of folk and fairy tales from the Emerald Isle.
Story Archaeology combines the breadth and knowledge of the storyteller with academic exploration of ancient texts. Focused on Irish tradition to peel back the layers of modern folklore.
Simply Scottish Scottish history and culture with the best music from Scotland’s new and established artists.
Celtic Radio The home of Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celt-Rock-Radio and BlueGrass Hills. An award winning internet radio station broadcasting a wide range of Celtic music 24 hours a day.
Celtic Roots Radio “Here’s a taste a’ music to whet yer appetite – Celtic, folk, folk/rock, Appalachian, Breton, bluegrass, Scottish, Irish, Cajun, Cape Breton, singer/songwriter – if its Celtic, roots or acoustic music you want, you’ll find it here “
Thistle Radio with Fiona Ritchie Fiona serves up tastes of new Celtic music before it hits the airwaves of The Thistle & Shamrock, one of NPR’s best loved programs.
Copperplate Podcast Over an hour of good traditional Irish music.
Foot Stompin’ Scotland A Scottish music podcast featuring the best of Gaelic, Scots, bagpipes, fiddle, harp music, Scottish bands etc.
Fiddle Hangout The mission of the Fiddle Hangout is to become the world’s most comprehensive fiddle resource. See their podcast in iTunes for the top 100 Celtic/Irish fiddle tune which members have uploaded to the website
Folk Music of England Scotland Ireland and Wales Folk and traditional music and popular songs, with lyrics, Midi, tune information and history behind the folk songs and ballads. Irish,
British and American folk music including Francis J. Child Ballads and sea shanties.
The Session A collection of dozens of session tunes including music and recordings.
Smallpiper Podcasting Pipe (and flute tunes sometimes) to anyone who’d like to learn them!
Tune of the Month Podcast with Shannon Heaton Irish traditional tunes to learn and share.
Fellow Scotsman? Check out some of our products!
- 100% Cotton Tartan Masks designed to your preference, made by us just for you
- Nose shaping wire in the pleated mask for a secure fit
- Many stunning Scottish tartans to choose between — with or without a filter pocket
- Adjustable straps for a comfortable wearing experience
- Genuine Horse Hair
- Chrome Cantle and Tassel Cones
- Cast Thistle Design
- White with Black Tassels or Black with White Tassels
- Available with or without a Pouch
- Fits up to 48″ Waist
- Tartan Woven In Scotland
- Fly Plaid Made in the USA
- From Outlander: the Series
- Officially Licensed Tartan
- Natural Wool!
- Fine-quality 100% cotton black t-shirt with American Grown With Irish Roots slogan and artistically depicts a tree with American flag branches and Irish flag roots
- This t-shirt comes pre-shrunk so you can be confident it won’t shrink in the wash
- Available in sizes S-2X and styled in a relaxed, classic fit
- Screen printed for added durability in the graphic to showcase Irish heritage with an American-made t-shirt